Fruitland Township has received its allocation of the 2022-2023 Senior Millage Grant funds. The Township Board voted in February 2022 to use the funding to support our senior residents by supporting the White Lake Senior Center, partnering with AgeWell Services of West Michigan and by providing vouchers for our Ecology Station, and Muskegon and Montague Farmer’s Markets.
All persons 60 years of age or older shall be eligible for all of the services mentioned.
In an effort to reach more senior residents, we have lowered the maximum number of vouchers each household can receive. For 2022 each household will be eligible for ONE of EACH of the following vouchers.
- Ecology Station – $20 punch card
- Muskegon Farmer’s Market – $10 in tokens
- Montague Farmer’s Market – $10 coupon
We will begin offering vouchers the week of June 13th, 2022 using the following system:
- Identification with your birthdate is required.
- Due to the overwhelming response to these services, we are asking that for all vouchers: call the Township Hall Monday – Wednesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm to make your requests
- Pick up your requests on Thursday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm or Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- The vouchers are limited and are issued on a first come, first serve basis.
Please keep an eye out for future information regarding a 6-week exercise class that will be offered at Fruitland Township through AgeWell Services of West Michigan. We are expecting this class to start in August 2022 and will have space for approximately 12 people on a first come, first serve basis.
Fruitland Township Board of Trustees also voted in March 2022 to allocate some of the federal American Rescue Plan Act monies to support senior residents in Fruitland Township. The Board voted to allocate money to the Viking Athletic Center to allow Fruitland Township Senior residents to have free access to their walking track, exercise room, cardio equipment, pickleball, golf hitting nets and selected classes. Please contact the Viking Athletic Center to set up your membership and get your free access card.
Money was also allocated to Living Word Senior Services for lawn care and snow removal services for Fruitland Township Seniors. This program is limited and is need based. To inquire please contact Living Word Senior Services at 231-720-0484.